This weekend, I’m heading out to the beautiful Walla Walla Valley for wine tasting, testing my new selfie stick I got from Krusteaz while at the International Food Blogger Conference with my cousin, Mom and possibly Grandma, having an “open *that* bottle” night and just having a danged good time.
To follow our adventures, make sure you’re following me via the following social media channels:
- Periscope: @onegirloneglass (you never know…I may pop on there)
While we’re driving, and will have easy access to stores, there are still things that we will bring with us. Beyond the obvious (clothes, toiletries, electronic communication devices, etc.), I have a few essentials that I always have with me.
1. A good book. For this trip, I’m bringing the book my friend Adam wrote titled Ripples in the Chalice: A Tale of Avalon (Tales of Avalon) (Volume 2). Ripples in the Chalice is the sequel to Echoes of Avalon (Book I of Tales of Avalon) (Volume 1), which I enjoyed upon it’s release a few years ago. Needles to say, I’m looking forward to seeing what adventures Adam has in store for the main character. If you’re a fan historical fantasy, especially ones that are set in during the times of the First Crusade, I highly recommend you check out Adam’s work!
2. Power. I always seem to bring multiple electronic devices when I travel. Each of the devices I bring, of course, require charging. In hotels, though, I never seem to have enough outlets! The solution? Monster Core Power® 650 6 outlet wall tap with USB charging. I love this thing. It has all the convenience of a surge protector without the long cord. And with two USB ports in the front, you can leave a charger at home and still get power!
3. Since we will be bringing Hank, my super adorable Australian Cattle Dog (in his case, AKA Red Heeler)/Basenji mix troublemaker furbaby, with us his safety is tantamount as well. A seat belt system, such as the Lanyarco® Black Pet Dog Adjustable Car Automotive Seat Safety Belt Vehicle Seatbelt leash lead Travel For Small / Medium / Large Dogs,Cats, will make sure that the Hankster is safe and secure in the backseat!
4. Snacks. I love these Sahale Snacks Variety Pack, 3 Flavors, 2 each, 4 to 5-Ounce Pouch (Pack of 6). Not only are they tasty, but they are filling as well. When you’re hungry and in the middle of nowhere, you need something like this to get you through to the next pit stop.
5. Emergency kit. The AAA Road Kit is awesome. It comes with everything you could possibly need in an emergency. Seriously. I have one and it is always in my trunk. Everything fits nicely into the zippered pouch, so you don’t have to worry about a cluttered trunk. Or you can do what I do and put the kit, your tire chains (if you live in an area where they’re legal and possibly necessary in the wintertime…I do live in such an area, so my Les Schwab chains are an unfortunate necessity), an extra blanket, a change of clothes, and an umbrella in a storage box that gets stashed in your trunk.
Disclaimer: If you purchase any of the items listed here, I receive a (very) small commission through Amazon’s affiliate program.