I’ve raved about the wonderful wines that come from Walla Walla before here. And for good reason. They’re amazing!!
While browsing Facebook one night, I saw that the Walla Walla Wine Alliance was coming to Portland. From luscious, thought-provoking reds to delicate, crisp whites, Walla Walla wines never disappoint. I knew, without a doubt, that I needed to be there.
Of course, my two favorite Walla Walla wineries, Basel Cellars and Sleight of Hand Cellars were there…and believe me, once I found where they were in the room, I made a beeline for them. I’ve mentioned them before here and here. I will sing their praises whenever I can, because I love their wines.
But it wasn’t just Basel Cellars and Sleight of Hand that rocked my world at this tasting. In fact, there were many others who made me want to go back to Walla Walla immediately so I could taste through their lineups again!
The one that everyone was buzzing about was 2012 Sinclair Estate Vineyards Chardonnay was one of the best Chardonnay’s that I’ve had in a long time. This Chardonnay is crisp, yet it still packs a punch. It represents the beauty of Washington Chardonnay in such a manner that I was left speechless.
Other wines that left a lasting impression on me:
- 2012 Les Collines Vineyard Syrah from Va Piano
- 2012 Columbia Valley Merlot fromTamarack Cellars
- 2012 Walla Walla Valley Cabernet Sauvignon from Doubleback
- 2011 Walla Walla Valley Trine from Pepper Bridge
– supple and soft, yet it packs a nice punch of spiciness.
– dark fruit lingers throughout the nose and palate making this Merlot very food-friendly.
– soft tannins and a fruit-forward quality shine. I would love a glass of this with a steak, please!
– dark fruits and an herbaceous quality make this extremely intriguing.
All in all, this was a great tasting event. I’m looking forward to next year!
Sadly, I didn’t get any photos at this event, but I will share an image from my most recent trip to Walla Walla below. Pictures from the event are available on their Facebook page, locatedhere.
Disclaimer: As a member of the media, I was able to attend this event at no cost in exchange for coverage.